Friday, January 2, 2009

Roommate Eviction Update

Here's the latest information I have:

K - Was unable to get money from his parents, asking for an extension but owes $960 and it will be growing by another $350 in a week. I'm going to see what I can do to help him pack up this weekend and bring it to his brother's place.

D - She has been paying like crazy this past week, paying almost $600. She is almost current, but will need to keep it up for another 45 days.

C - She has been paying right on her payment schedule, though concerns about paychecks bouncing is forcing her to quit. She asked indirectly this week for an extension, but we were firm on our decision.

We have someone lined up for the room K is in currently and once K moves out, the new guy will move in. He has steady work and my wife feels comfortable after talking with him. He will probably be someone that just comes to the house to sleep and shower.

2 comments:

Betsey C. said...

It's always good to come by your blog and see a new post. The roommate situation cannot be easy for you and your wife, but I am glad that you are holding firm. These people are learning valuable lessons from you -- they must pay their bills on time.

Good luck, and happy new year!

Anonymous said...

It's sucks to have people free-load on you...my old roomie did just that, and I'm currently looking for roommate...