Wednesday, August 1, 2007

No More Clutter, What To Do?

The past few months I've been using the excuse of cleaning out the house so that we would not go out and spend money. I figured it would be good to get rid of the clutter and see how much money we really wasted on things. Well, it's been a week now that I feel our house is pretty much uncluttered and I don't know what to do. It feels weird sometimes to just sit around the house and read a book, go for a walk around the neighborhood, or watch a movie we own.

I think the problem is that I've been associating my identity with being cluttered and always just moving it around in circles, that without the clutter I'm at a loss. My wonderful wife has been planning dinners with guests (2 this week). I'm tempted to go back to work so that we can tackle more debts, but she has asked that we spend some of the summer at least just enjoying each other's company.

Because of that, this coming month I may not be posting much, but I'll probably have some posts on:
  • DIY Roof Repair - Worth It?
  • Insulating My Home
  • Gardening & Giving
  • Value of Spending Time With Your Spouse

No comments: