Wednesday, October 3, 2007

$6 Coffee Pot

This Saturday my wife is hosting her women's bible study at our house and most of the ladies drink coffee. My wife is a tea person, so we don't make coffee and don't have a coffee pot. When she was at Aldi's this week doing our grocery shopping for the next 2 weeks, she saw a $6 coffeepot. Because I was driving home and she had the cell-phone, she could not call me to discuss (since it would have changed our budget), so she did not get it.

We talked about it some on and off the past couple of days and I'm glad she didn't just buy it. That $6 comes out to about 1/2 hr of me of "real hourly wage" after expenses. I'd much rather be with her another 1/2 hour than having to work for a coffee pot we'd use once and put in the basement to collect dust. I've been seeing how everyone wants the dollars in our pockets more and more...

In the end we'll probably borrow one from a roommate or have one of the ladies bring their coffeepot with them on Saturday.

1 comment:

Chitown said...

In the end, it doesn't make sense to buy a coffee pot when you guys don't really drink coffee. I think it is an excellent idea to have one of the members bring their own coffee pot. They are really easy to transport.

I also think it's just excellent that your wife thought twice about your budget before buying the pot.