2008 was pretty busy for us, here are the key items from the goal list that we succeeded at:
- Chimney Lined & Fireplace Installed: We didn't get it at the exact time we wanted, but we were successful.
- Professionally Removed Tree: We had these removed earlier than we had originally planned due to wanting the room for our garden
- Triple Size of Garden: We were successful at that and are still enjoying the fruits of our labor
- 1 Week Mission Trip: I was able to go in June
- Move daughter into her own room: She has been in her own room and the financial consequences have been felt minimally.
- Increase day job salary by 10%: This one we were the most successful at, by increasing it over 50% in 1 year's time.
- Settle debts: We settled a fair amount of our debts and have just a few remaining
One's we were not successful at: $3K emergency fund (due to debts not completed), reinstate tithing (due to debts not completed), 3 certification tests (only 1 taken), & settle misc debts.
Now onto 2009 Goals:
Pay off final CC & misc debts by June
$1.5K SIMPLE IRA by end of year
$8.5K Emergency Fund by end of year
Increase day job salary by 10%
Take 2 Microsoft Certification Exams
Install windows in basement
Install fence to block driveway
Install rain barrels to collect water
Remove large portion of driveway to expand garden
Replace upstairs bathtub