Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Decided To Take New Job

I did a lot of thinking and this new job will be the best thing for me and my family. My wife is going to need health insurance and through the state it would be a bit over $300/month with a $5K deductible. I have not had coverage either due to chiropractic work I had last summer done and my current employer only does individual plans, not group plans.

The extra salary will be helpful as well at us getting out of debt and saving for the future. We'll also be to the point where if we did not have renters, we would be able to save for retirement and meet our needs. We're going to keep renters though for quite a while until we need the space for additional children or we move out into the country.

In addition, my responsibilities at work have been expanding into maintenance of a major site, which I've been trying to juggle without success. I have been asking for help for a couple of months now, but it has been limited.

3 comments:

Denise Mall said...

Congratulations. I think this is a good choice - not just for the income, but for the retirment match and more importantly the health insurance.

2008 could be the year you have been waiting for, a critical turning point.

Steve and Shannon said...

I found your blog today and have been reading past posts. I think what you are doing is great. I was wondering how you got the credit card companies to accept a settlement? We are trying to pay off / settle our debt as well. We are selling our home also and are moving out of the country as Missionaries. I am looking for advice on the best way to deal with cc companies for a settlement.

Chitown said...

Congrats! I think the new job will be a good thing for you in the long run.