Saturday, February 2, 2008

Garden Plans - Feb 2nd-9th

We're planning at our house to grow a lot of our food this summer (with the eventual goal of growing most of our food). Here's what's in store for this week:

- Purchased workbench lamp to grow plants under ($25)
- Hang lamp in bay window
- Picking up 2x3 inch planting pots to grow the plants in.
- Planting in bay window the following: 75 tomato, 10 lettuce, 10 celery, 15 cauliflower, and 15 broccoli seeds

I figure not all of the seeds will grow into something, so I plant a few extra. Last year we had 8 tomato plants and then the rabbits ate 3 of them the first day I planted them outside. We'll be making a lot of spaghetti sauce and tomato soup with those tomatoes. The batches we made last year were gone before Halloween. I'm hoping we can stretch them out to April or May.

I'm also thinking of selling some of the plants to cover some of my supply costs. Still deciding on this...

No comments: