Saturday, November 17, 2007

$100 Insulation Project Complete

We needed some insulation under our kitchen as well as some more added to the attic, so today's fun is as follows:
  • Drive to Menards at 8 AM, find out the last person didn't return the blower yesterday.
  • Receive call from Menards at 10:15 AM that the blower is back in.
  • When loading the blower, they can't find the new hose for the blower and give me one they were throwing out that has at least 7 cuts on it.
  • Leave Menards at 11:30 AM with 1/2 the insulation and the blower.
  • Second load from Menards at 12 PM.
  • Setup broken hose at 12:30 PM.
  • Spent an hour trying to get the broken hose to blow insulation.
  • Call Menards at 1:30 PM, they are having the new hose being brought back to them, they will call me back.
  • They call me back at 2:15 PM, the person is going to deliver it to my house.
  • The new hose gets to my house at 2:30 PM.
  • We blow insulation until 5 PM.
  • Equipment is dropped off by my wife and one of my roommates.
In the end, it cost us about $100, well worth it to keep our house a little warmer. Much better than the large quote we received to do the same work.

No comments: