Monday, November 19, 2007

What I Am Thankful For

Thanksgiving for me has always been a great time of eating, spending time with those I love and having a 4 day weekend. There have been the simple things I've been thankful for in the past. This year though I'm so much more thankful than I've ever been before:
  1. God has provided me with plenty of work and roommates to abundantly meet our needs. There was a point in February where I had 5 possible jobs to choose from. I am at 2 right now and that is enough for this point in my life.
  2. My beautiful daughter that is full of laughs. One concern I had was that some babies I see just look around or are crying all the time, making me think that's how most babies are. It's been a long time since my sister & brother were babies, so it was hard for me to remember how they were. My daughter does have her grumpy times, but it's mainly due to when she is tired or scared.
  3. Over $20K worth of debt taken care of this year, with next month we'll be hitting $25K for the year. My numbers on the right with NetworthIQ do not include January, but there was a nice chunk taken care of in January before I started tracking.
  4. My wife has been healthy this year with no visits to the hospital besides delivering our daughter. She has a pacemaker, which makes life a little interesting. It's taken me time to learn to read when she is pushing herself too hard or not taking care of herself, things that have put her into the hospital in the past. "Day of rest" and "Plenty of Fluids" are big at our home to keep us healthy.
What about you?

No comments: