Friday, December 21, 2007

Checking Out Second Fridge

With so many people in the house, it was just a matter of time before we'd need a second fridge. The couple with a newborn have been on food stamps recently and so they are getting more food, causing our fridge and freezer to be stuffed to the brim. My wife is going to hopefully go check out a fridge today I found on Craigslist, just a few months old with the plastic still on it for $450. I couldn't get the exact model details from the person, but based on the description and my research it looks like it goes for $800 online.

If this one doesn't pan out, I'll keep an eye out. I'm not willing to spend more than about 60% retail for the fridge. Any more than that and I'm just better off getting one from the store. At the same time, I don't want to get an older one that will take more energy to run and cost us more in the long-run.

Overall, it's going to be a budget buster when we get it, but we'll make it work.

No comments: