Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Going Down To 2 Jobs

After a long time thinking about it, I'm going down to 2 jobs after this coming weekend. The tutoring job has been very few hours (3.5-4/week) and they haven't been all in a row, so between time and gas driving there and back, it's been coming down to taking home $5/hr. They were not too happy, but I figured they wouldn't be. I found out another one of the tutors was leaving as well at the same time.

Besides the time away from home and the money, the other issue is the control they have had on my schedule. Because the students change their schedules often, one week I may be Tues & Sunday, the next it would be Thur & Sunday. It reminds me too much of my days being a kid with divorced parents, not able to plan things too far in advance because I didn't know where I would be in the future.

No comments: