Saturday, March 17, 2007

And now a word from our sponsors

Today is brought to you by the letter Q and the number 42.

Really though, I have made some minor changes to my site today. It comes due to some bad choices made this week in regards to trying to gain money quickly. I found on Sunday a site that lets you win real cash with none of your own money. I tried to convince myself "It's not gambling, I'm not losing money out of my pocket, etc..." But the heart of the matter is that the actions are gambling. Well, on their site as well you can sign up for promotions and get money also. That got me thinking that if they can give money away for trying the promotions, they've got to be making money off of them too.

So on the right side of this site now I have a couple of sites I would promote with no objections. Here's the details on them:
  • Entertainment book - I have owned one of these for the past two years and I love them. If your going to go out to eat once a month trying new restaurants, you might as well save 50%. The best time to buy though is NOW because you get in essence free food. The books in my area are going for $18 ($17 book, $1 shipping) and they are including a $25 restaurant certificate. You do the math.
  • DentalPlans - Once we get our emergency fund back up, I'm signing up for this again. Now yes, you can get discounts by negotiating with your dentist directly (or not go to the dentist at all). What this does though is what I call the "guilt factor". It forces you to do the things that you should be doing, so you don't waste the plan that you purchase. In addition, if you have a family, the costs for it become very reasonable.
Gambling may bring you quick money, but at another person's expense. Not the way to build wealth!

No comments: