Thursday, March 8, 2007

Car hit 190K recently...

Our station wagon just hit the 190K point, making this vehicle the most mile vehicle I've ever owned. Most of the miles though are from the previous owner, which donated it to us when they couldn't get any money for trading it in.

My goals for the next 6-9 months starting in April are to put aside $300/month for when this vehicle needs it's next major project or when we just go out and spend $2K on another vehicle. It's going to be tough to do (in addition to saving $300/month for house maintenance projects and $200/month paying ourselves), but I know we'll find a way to make it through the next 6 months.

I know looking back in 6 months, when we have somewhere around $3K in the bank ($2K for the car, $1K in emergency fund), I will feel I can do anything!

No comments: