Monday, March 19, 2007

Making Too Much Money

I know this sounds crazy, but I'm worried that a month from now I'll be bringing home too much money. Here's the situation, I don't know how to handle this:

1. Wife is on Medicaid due to our low income the past 6 months.
2. Baby is due May 21st.
3. Income for April from the 1st to the 16th will be gross of $4,400.
4. Wife has a pacemaker, which makes it pretty much impossible to get a normal health insurance policy for her.
5. My new employer's health benefits do not start up until I have worked there 6 months.

My wife is going to call the Medicaid office on Wednesday to see what our options are when our income does increase. I know our state has another program for those that can't get insured normally, but I don't know if they will cover the pregnancy that is pre-existing, etc...

No comments: